Friday, April 3, 2009

So I dont look back (Myspace orginal post)

Truth is the past does shape us.

I am amazed at people who can recount their past as if it were yesterday. Truth is I can hardly recount everything that happened good or bad 2 years ago. I mean there are those occasions that were so wonderful that I remember. And there are of course less significant experiences that if YOU tell me in detail the whole thing I might recall being there.

I literally live it learn from it and move on. My brain is a super computer but that is simply for processing not for storing every detail of information (unless its logistics numbers and codes and then somehow I can recall it no problem....)

If we hold on to every detail of life we forget to carry what we really should take away from it. Every moment is precious. We cannot live in that moment forever but we can enjoy the next. Because the first wont be like the last and each one holds its own importance.

Its easier for me to remember my dreams. To remember my random thoughts. These are the things that I invest my brain power in. These are the things that are profound to me. I can recall lines from poems i wrote even when I was in middle school. But these denote life changes and shifts in my mental paradigm. Some dont understand this.

But thats ok. we all have our focuses. Right now part of mine is letting go of the past everyday. I appreciate its affect on the future because if it werent for my past I would not be standing as strong as I am today. But I will not keep the past in a chokehold in front of me allowing it to block my view of the future.

~Ave

No comments:

Post a Comment