Monday, April 6, 2009

Reading

Ok so I love to read.

And every once in a while I come across a book that holds me captivated for all time...making my mind work and giving my imagination a good exercise. Well the first book I can recall that did that was Castle in the Attic... (very good book thats where I learned that January was derived from Janus who was believed to be the god of new beginnings or something to that stretch) Then there was My side of the Mountain. I read those two book many many many times over. Now that I think of it I may just read them this summer if they are still in print...

In the more recent years there was a book I let like every female read and it was a good book... like a good pleasure reading... everyone who read it read it in like 2-3 days because no one could put it down... lol... people were in line literally to read it... too bad I cant recall the name. But the ladies I was deployed with know the book I am talking about.

Fast forward.... I found the hardback book Infidel by Aayan Hirsi in the MWR center while in Kosovo. Something in her eyes drew me to the book and I read it. The book was so profound that I wrote all throughout the book everytime I had any thought or question..... Sadly this particular copy of the book is now gone... i let someone borrow it and never got it back... sad day for me... OH wait..... I bought the book for myself from Amazon.com. HA! Memory correction. And I bought that again lol

So if youre looking for a good book that will engage every moral fiber of your being while wow you intellectually and bring you to see life through anothers eyes I say go for that book....

Moving on... So I just read Twilight... (Ok Im pissed right bow because there is a damn thunderstorm coming and I have to go to work in a few......craziness.... UGH! I hate NEW JERSEY!!!!!) but I digress.... So yeah.... Yeahhhhh thats where I was *just looked up at the beginning of the paragraph* yeah so I saw the movie FIRST and absolutely fell in love with the movie. I havent bought the movie yet but I love Shakespearean love..... Tragic beginnings leading to tragic ends with a conumdrum of love and emotions to completely be swept away by......

But the story on screen was beautiful indeed... but the book.... PURE ADDICTION! I went to Barnes and Noble and bought the whole freaking saga. Along with a book about crystals and all (im really mad cause its about to rain like hell outside)

So anywho I just wanted to share that with you... I think I am going to reread Infidel this summmer... I was thinking of making a book club but I dont know how to go about starting one... hmmmmmmm.....

No comments:

Post a Comment