Sunday, March 13, 2011

3 AM

3 AM
I called you on accident.
But you called back... and well thats what I said when I answered.

we try to fall into whats comfortable and thats love. The love we fought for. We even fought each other. fought against it. And now we are trying to figure out if we should still fight FOR IT.

are you ok? i am concerned with every aspect of your being that I can influence. And all else fades as it does not pertain to me and I ignore its presence. Its nothing to me. and you inquire the same. I good. Mostly great actually.

And in the silence the air screams I MISS YOU coming from the inhale and exhales of the two of us.

Its 3am. we have no business on the phone. We have no business looking forward to seeing one another. We have no business acknowledging our love. We have no business at all except our ever so evident love. What draws us together pulls us apart because what we expected was perfection and not the messiness of life.

and we both roll over and whisper a little longer into the phone. Our voices tinged with love. In between the lines we know we arent ready to let go but what does the bottom line of that even mean?

Can we meet in the middle and make all this right? Probably not. But if happiness is the end goal then lets exhaust all efforts to try to make it there. one step at a time.

so yeah um.. im about to go to sleep.... we should probably get off the phone.

Im good... better... working on being my best... even if that means completely without you.

the mere existence of us can empower nations. And the world devoid of us is dark.

which path are we on?

No comments:

Post a Comment