Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Calla lillies

Because I care. The most important women in my life will be getting Calla Lillies here soon. Not just the flowers but the plant. That way the same way they have nourished and watered me with wisdom throughout my life and helped me grow they can do the same for said plant....

Fast Forward.

Got to see a long time friend.

Its always funny to me when people tell me they like my hair. There are those who genuinely mean it and I can tell they want to ask more questions. There are those who do ask more questions. And then there are those who say it as if I needed their approval in order for me to continue to wear my hair natural.

Sorry, Ive never lived my life in the approval lane.

But to see this friend and he be amazed that in my getting older and becoming a mother and back to being natural again that I am not just beautiful but am more beautiful now than I was at a tender 20 *when we met* does make me giggle.

What I have found that is beautiful about me is not my hair or my accomplishments. Its the calm that I have developed in knowing myself. Im not saying that I am in a steady never ending meditative state of being everyday. Not at all the case. What does happen is I bring myself back to the middle. Regroup and head out again.

I have redefined so much of myself. Does this mean I have changed? Not to me. It means that before whatever I had it labeled, I have gone through sorted and relabeled. Unknowingly so. This understanding of self has brought this calm. This beauty... serenity... this love to the front. And that is what glows. This is my strongest magnet.

*soft sigh*

Onto the rest of the day

~Ave

No comments:

Post a Comment